Welcome to our class!
During the next two weeks, we’re going to Africa!
We’ll learn about the many cultures of the different regions, art styles, foods, music and other fun stuff!
We will learn African dances, play the drums, and listen to some African folk-tales. We will also learn about the wide array of wildlife in Africa, as well as the seasons and climates. Making masks and cooking traditional foods will also be a lot of fun. Kids will also do arts and crafts, such as necklaces, bracelets and special hunter jackets for safaris to look at animals.
We will have a good time learning about this wonderful and fascinating continent.
There is so much to learn!
Hello to all parents!
We are having a great time in our Summer Camp this year.
During the next two weeks of camp we will be taking an imaginary trip to Africa!
We will learn the basic vocabulary about the Jungle, Animals, Insects. As we identify the different characteristics of the African animals we will find similitude and differences between them.
We will also learn about different cultures, and their life styles, music, arts and crafts. We will hear stories, play games, watch videos, color animals, and make art and crafts.
So as you can see we will be having a lot of fun and learn at the same time.
Please don’t forget to send sun block, bottled water, towels for those days which we will be playing our water games.
Take care and have a wonderful summer!
Mariell A. Lee
Theme: Africa Safari
Objectives: Communication skills. The ability to interact and participate in the topic.
Interest on exploring Africa and its countries about their culture , traveling (modes of transportation) animals (jungle), music (instruments), clothes.
- Warming up activities by greeting every one and posing questions about the day , and the weather outside. Introducing the new theme and asking questions if they have ever been in Africa and what countries they have visited.
- Talk about different ways of transportation (helicopter, car, bus , boat , train)
- Make trees to make our own jungle using green and brown paper .
- Connect the dots by 10s or alphabet letters to make an elephant, (using color pencils and crayons )
- Make jungle animals, masks (lions elephants , zebras hippos)
- Make music instruments (African drum, paper plate tambourine)
- Filling out the African countries on the blanked map (hinting and helping them while naming countries)
- Indulge them in an African life and style.
9-10:20 Attendance, greetings , what is today and what is the weather? Snack. Coloring and drawing .
10:20 to 10:30 Recess (duty on Thursdays) and 12 to 12:30
10:30 to 11 Different activities (sport, dance, games)
11 to 11:30 Art and craft (working on projects)
11:30 to 12 Recess
12 to 12:30 Lunch
12:30 to 2:15 Finishing projects and working on music instruments
2:15 to 2:45 Assembly (African rhythms, Music)
2:45 to 3:30 Dismissal
3:30 to 6 After care
We are in Africa these two weeks. Ben will be working with us to learn about African cooking, African rhythms, dance, story telling, art and much much more! In class we will be creating African Headdresses, working with clay, making drums, masks and working together to create a class poem. Please don’t forget we go to the pool three times a week. Bring your bathing suits, sunblock, towel and plenty of water!